Winter rescue practice anyone?

Any questions,announcements or discussions regarding sea kayaking,camping or GLSKA activities.

Moderators: mduvekot, Bert Millar

mduvekot

Winter rescue practice anyone?

Postby mduvekot » Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:00 pm

I know that that some people think the paddling season is over, but I rather enjoy winter paddles. Paddling in snow and ice is wonderful, and I can dress for the cold. I am acutely aware of the dangers of paddling in cold weather, and while I like to think that I've got it all covered, one of the things that keeps bugging me is that rescues are much more difficult in the cold than they are in a pool or in warm weather.

Are there others who are interested in practising rescues this winter to make sure they can perform their rescues in difficult conditions? I tend to play near the mouth of the Humber in Toronto, because it's near where I live, and I can park my car close to shore to warm up quickly. I'm available pretty much any time, and I'm open to other suggestions for other locations of course.

have fun,
Michiel
--
Michiel

glska_admin
Site Admin

Re: Winter rescue practice anyone?

Postby glska_admin » Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:58 pm

This is a test. Members who subscribed to this post should receive email notification of updates to this topic.

Return to “General Chit Chat”